Smarter use of first-party data helps British Gas
reinvest 10% of media budget with Safe Haven
Improving creative relevance and improving targeting of customer acquisition campaigns.
Budget Reinvested to Target Customers with New Additional Products
Uplift in Conversion Rates
Increase on Previous Identity Partner Savings
- LiveRamp has allowed British Gas to reinvest 10% of digital media budget to British Gas’ people-based marketing campaigns through its privacy-first data collaboration platform Safe Haven.
- This is a x10 improvement on British Gas’s previous identity partner
- LiveRamp’s solution unlocked unique and actionable data insights, and ultimately helped the UK’s leading energy provider achieve a 33% uplift in conversion rates and a 10x increase on its previous identity partner savings.
- In partnership since mid-2021, LiveRamp’s Safe Haven enabled British Gas to determine the value of each individual customer and suppress those receiving not applicable advertising.
- British Gas consequently removed 5m customers as recipients of its marketing campaigns, significantly reducing wastage. British Gas created tailored messaging based on existing customers’ current products, with the aim of increasing multiple product uptake, by utilising first-party data across its four core products (Energy, Home Care, Boiler Installation and Hive).