Smarter use of first-party data helps British Gas
find over £1m of media budget in 1 year with Safe Haven
Improving creative relevance and improving targeting of customer acquisition campaigns.
Added Value to People-Based Marketing Campaigns in 12 months
Uplift in Conversion Rates
Increase on Previous Identity Partner Savings
- LiveRamp has added value in excess of £800k to British Gas’ people-based marketing campaigns through its privacy-first data collaboration platform Safe Haven.
- LiveRamp’s solution unlocked unique and actionable data insights, and ultimately helped the UK’s leading energy provider achieve a 33% uplift in conversion rates and a 10x increase on its previous identity partner savings.
- In partnership since mid-2021, LiveRamp’s Safe Haven enabled British Gas to determine the value of each individual customer and suppress those receiving not applicable advertising.
- British Gas consequently removed 5m customers as recipients of its marketing campaigns, significantly reducing wastage. British Gas created tailored messaging based on existing customers’ current products, with the aim of increasing multiple product uptake, by utilising first-party data across its four core products (Energy, Home Care, Boiler Installation and Hive).
- Within 10 months since implementing Safe Haven, the energy provider has seen an estimated incremental added value in excess of £800k. Media agency Mediacom indicates that continuing its partnership with LiveRamp at the current rate will add value over £1m per annum, a x10 improvement on their previous identity partners savings.